Medicaid is Apple Health
You may have already heard of Apple Health for Kids, but as of January 2015, Apple Health now covers adults!
Who is eligible? Adults and Children whose household income is below certain thresholds (under $1396 / month for a single adult) will qualify for greatly reduced, or possibly even free, healthcare through the state of Washington.
Essential Health Benefits
With Apple Health, there are no co-pays or deductibles for kids or adults. Some Apple Health plans may require a small monthly premium, but there are premium-free plans in some cases.
All Washington Apple Health managed care plans must cover these standard basics:
- Hospitalization — A stay in the hospital, including inpatient surgery and recovery.
- Emergency services — Visits to the emergency room, including ambulance services or treatment at an urgent care center.
- Ambulatory services — Doctor visits when you’re sick or injured, or outpatient clinic visits.
- Prescription drugs — Medicine your doctor orders.
- Laboratory services — X-rays, MRIs, blood tests, etc.
- Maternity and newborn care — For women who need prenatal care or help with pregnancy, complications and delivery.
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care — Dental check-ups, routine eye doctor visits, eyeglasses, immunizations, and more.
- Preventive and wellness services, including chronic disease management — Screening tests for things like osteoporosis and mammograms, and help living with long-term illnesses like diabetes.
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health.
- Rehabilitative services and devices — Physical therapy, speech therapy, artificial limbs and other medical equipment.
- Habilitative* services and devices — Helping people with disabilities learn life skills.
* Available for newly eligible Medicaid/Apple Health for adult clients only.
How to Apply
You can apply for Apple Health online via Washington Healthplanfinder. When you’re ready to apply, you’ll need this information:
- Your household monthly income.
- The Social Security numbers and dates of birth for each member of your household.
- Your immigration information, if that applies to you.
It should take about 45 minutes to apply online — and you’ll get a response right away. If you’re accepted, you will receive a Services Card in about two weeks. Coverage will begin on the first day of the month in which the application was submitted.
If you’re not eligible for Apple Health, you may qualify for help with your health insurance or other health services. See our Individual Plans page for more information.
How to Renew
There is a new way to renew Apple Health/Medicaid for children and adults, except if your health coverage is based on a disability or being 65 or older.
- You may renew online using the Healthplanfinder website. To do this yourself, go here and select the green “Renew My Coverage” button.
- To renew online, you will need your household’s estimated income.
- Help is available. You may call Healthplanfinder to renew coverage over the phone (1-855-923-4633) or locate an In-Person Assister or outreach specialist located in your community here.
Apple Health Resources
Click each of the graphics below to download a helpful PDF.
How to Renew Past the Deadline
Apple Health Cross Agency Desk Aid
Apple Health Service Area Matrix
If you have missed the deadline to renew, but you would like to continue coverage, please contact Apple Health as soon as possible. If we find you eligible within 90 days after the date you lost coverage, we will cover you for the period you were without coverage.
Call 1-855-623-9357 with the following information to renew your Apple Health coverage past your deadline.
- Primary applicant’s full name. (required)
- Primary applicant’s date of birth. (required)
- Primary applicant’s ACES client ID or ProviderOne ID number (if available).
- New address or phone number (if you moved or changed phone numbers).
Looking for affordable Dental or Vision Insurance?